Asbestos Abatement in the Woodland Hills Area
As many workers know, asbestos is a dangerous substance that anyone can face exposure to. Whether working in your own attic, at a construction site, or simply riding an elevator in an old building, you never know where you might encounter asbestos. There are, of course, times when it can be avoided and times when it cannot .For the later situation, there is asbestos abatement services.
Asbestos is one of the most dangerous substances that a person can be exposed to. The danger, however, is not readily apparent. The danger is not acute, it is chronic, it builds up over time, and it is relatively invisible until it is too late to do anything about it. Asbestos was used in the latter half of the 19th century through the later portions of the 20th century for its physical properties. Its ability to absorb sound, resist fire and heat, low cost, and tensile strength all made it a perfect addition to most industrial construction operations.
Here is what they didn’t know:
- The fibers could build up in the lungs and lead to chronic problems such as lung cancer, asbestosis, and mesothelioma – All fatal and all incurable.
- These diseases occur over time as a result to the inhalation of asbestos fibers – The danger, therefore, is hidden until a later time, at which point it becomes too late to avoid the initial danger.
- Particles can be hidden – They can be too small to see with the naked eye, they can be floating in the air, and they can be absorbed by lung tissue very easily.
When trying to get rid of asbestos, there is only one real option available: hire a company or an individual who is trained in the removal of asbestos and in asbestos abatement in general. Asbestos, given the health concerns and environmental risks associated with it, can be extremely dangerous to work with and individuals who have not had training should not attempt to do it by themselves.
So this brings us to the question of the day: Where do we find a qualified professional to remove asbestos? What kind of things should we look for? The answer to this is simple:
- Look for a company with a good track record of helping their customers remove asbestos
- You want a company that has been in business for a good amount of time – New companies are more likely to be less experiences in their field
- They should also follow OSHA regulations and regulations set forth by SCAQMD – These regulations are the gold standard for the industry.
Asbestos in the home is dangerous so asbestos removal is vital. For asbestos abatement in Woodland Hills visit Environmental 911. We also perform asbestos disposal in other cities in Ventura County and Los Angeles County.